Monday, November 4, 2013

Texas and Abortions



                 
The Texas clinics have stopped providing abortions after the court ruling in July and most clinics are beginning to shut down since they aren't making any money. Now I am pro life and I do believe there are options besides abortion and how other families are always seeking for a child that they might not be able to have. I also believe that there are things that happen besides unprotected sex that can lead to an unplanned pregnancy like rape and in that case what right does the woman have? Throughout a women's lifetime we have never had as many rights to do as we please compared to this century, and to take that option away it limits us to what we can do. To have a choice in the matter of our own bodies and what we want to do with it is our responsibility and our human right, and to have the court decide whether or not we can have an abortion or not is crazy to me. Yes just because there are so many risk in to having an abortion and there could be some side effects to doing certain procedures that is simply up to the woman and if she is willing to take that risk.
I was reading the health guide in the New York Times on abortion and how there are physical and emotional risk involved in all of this. Now I understand the physical part of the risk but the emotional? Even if the woman were to keep the child and/or give it up for adoption you would think that wouldn't involve emotional stress? To me it would be just as much distress if you would decide to go on with the pregnancy because even after the fact you would than carry the child, and could  resent he/she because you weren't able to accomplish your goals in life, which can also lead to child abuse where the mother resents or, even worse never wanted the child to begin with. Option two would be to put the baby up for adoption but even that leads to distress because than the mother has the mentality of that one annoying question, "what if?". I understand all of the options and I'm sure other women understand too but that doesn't give the court the right to make a decision for us. If the court could rule that contraception could be readily available to anyone I don't think abortion would be as high as it is either. There are so many things that play into this ruling that it makes you want to pull your hair out. I was born out of wedlock and my mother was a teen mom, I've always been grateful that she decided to keep me and am lucky to have found a father who treats me like I was his own. I am pro life like I said and I don't agree with abortion but when it comes to a point where a woman has no choice in the matter of her own body that's when there is a problem. Religion shouldn't have a choice in the matter and neither should the government period but unfortunately both do.

No comments:

Post a Comment